The piece prevents the entry of exhaust fumes and impurities in the gasoline to the engine. The unit also cleans the fuel from solid contaminants and it provides the engine with combustion.
Two types of filters are used in passenger vehicles.
- Filter with hull and metal components
- Filter with hull and polymer parts
Why have polymeric filters been replaced by metallic ones in the design of modern vehicles?
- Higher production rates
- Conformity to the globally modern Standards
- Corrosion resistance
- Less weight, resulting in reduced fuel consumption and CO2 emissions to the environment
- High efficiency in the use of Bio- fuels